Saturday, September 6, 2008

Off To Canada



My car is packed with nets, rods, reels, lines, leaders, waders, boots, flies and all manner of clothing. Aside from all the actual gear for fishing and general needs of living , my car is packed to the brim with fly tying materials, hooks and tools. I am off to fish at the Canadian National Fly Fishing Championships and Conservation Symposium. I will be fishing with Peter Huyghebaert, Sunny Vanderkloof, Jason Baxter and Morgan Thorp for the Vancouver Island team. I am also eager to hear about what has been happening in terms of protecting and preserving our waterways. The Conservation Symposium should be interesting. There certainly will be a lot of fly tying. Can't reveal the flies that we will be using, but I'll update you after the competition. Canada will be selecting their team for the 2009 World Fly Fishing Championships to be held next June in Scotland.

No comments: