Friday, January 9, 2009

Fly Tying Stuff On eBay

OK, I must admit that I spend time surfing the web. Lately, I have been scouring eBay for anything fly tying. Tools, vises, hooks, materials...you name it. Believe me, I need more stuff like I need a hole in my head. Where are all the bargains I hear about? I see a lot of what I would call marginal stuff, often at not very marginal prices. There are some decent items, but frequently not decent prices. There are tools out there, some nice and some rather junky. Often after shipping costs are added, you are paying more than, what I see as, normal. True, shopping on line is easier and often more practical than finding and going to a fly shop. You, most of the time, can find the basics. I see some reasonably-priced beginners kits. That's a good thing.

No comments: